As we are all aware, social media is taking over every aspect of our lives. Non-profit organizations need to start relying on social media more, to increase their supporters and followers. Non-Profits already have some difficulty due to budgets and lack of staff, which is why social media should be their number one channel of advertisement. Some options they should include to better advertise their organization include…
- Share pictures showing their effectiveness of the organization
- Participate in feedback with the viewers.
- Upload shareable content that viewers will enjoy and show to others.
Memorial Day Weekend is only 3 weeks away! WOW! If you love MDW as much as I do, then here are some tips, on food, drink, and fun. To me, MDW is the kick-off of summer. I go to my shore house every year with my friends, tan on the beach, drink some cocktails, and of course, you can’t forget your MDW BBQ!
Necessities for a great MDW..
- Your friends
- A cute bathing suit and cover-up
- Tanning oil/sunblock
- A grill- hotdogs, hamburgers
- Fruit salad
- You’re favorite kind of beer
- And of course, your favorite kind of liquor for your favorite cocktail!
We all hate waking up in the morning. ESPECIALLY if it is to hit the gym. With that said, you are more likely to burn more fat and calories, first thing in the morning. So use that as a little bit more motivation once you’re reaching for the snooze button. Push through and remember, a quick easy workout in the morning, then you’re free. AND, summer time is right around the corner!
Summer is quickly approaching and some of us are all rushing to get our bikini bodies ready. Since a detox is a quick and easy way jumpstart your metabolism and weight loss, here is a summer time detox recipes to help you out! ENJOY!
Strawberry Lime Cinnamon Fat Flush
-5 sliced strawberries
-1 lime (washed well and sliced)
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-4 cups water
Steep overnight to fuse ingredients.
Enjoy several times a day, along with normal water intake.
Can re-fill water 1-2 times, but after that, discard the ingredients and start over, as the nutrients and flavors will be washed away by this time.
If you’re looking for a summery cocktail recipe, you came to the right spot. This Tequila Blackberry Lemonade cocktail is AMAZING! I made it the other night alongside my previous pasta post, for my girls night! It is perfect for during the day, happy hour, parties, or whenever you’re in ned a of a little pick me up! It’s 5 o’clock somewhere!
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 6 oz. of lemonade
- lemon for garnish and juice
- in the bottom of your glass or mason jar muddle (or mash) ¼ cup blackberries in the bottom
- top with crushed ice
- pour tequila and lemonade on top
- if not using fresh lemonade, squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice into the drink
- garnish with more blackberries on top and a slice of lemon
If you are looking for a light and delicious summer time food to make for a party, BBQ, or just for yourself, you have to check out this pesto pasta with grilled chicken recipe. It is amazing. It was so easy to make, and was so good. All of my girlfriends loved it when I made it for our girls night!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 16 oz farfalle pasta
- 1 cup basil pesto (homemade or storebought)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips (i.e. chiffonade)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side, or until completely cooked. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. (Note: I usually cook the pasta for 1-2 minutes less than the package suggests so that the pasta still has some texture.)
- Rinse and drain pasta and set aside. (Tip: When using pasta for a salad, toss it in a large bowl with a couple Tbsp of milk once it’s cooked. The milk helps prevent the pasta from sticking together.)
- Using a large bowl, mix together the pesto, pasta and chicken. Stir until well combined and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and fresh basil immediately before serving.
- Finish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
So if you’re in college like myself, graduation is rapidly approaching. Most people are not excited about this, ESPECIALLY me. It’s a time in our lives that is very difficult to explain. How did the time go by so fast? Do I really need to be a real person and get a job now? How am I going to leave my friends? How am I going to leave this school and not come back, come September. Its a roller coaster of emotions thinking about graduation. At the same time, I have been trying to find the silver lining in it all. This is another chapter in our lives. As scary and sad it may be, we have something new and exciting to look forward to. So with that sad, lets try and find the good in it, instead of the bad! Congratulations class of 2015!